8.04.2009

wow!

okay i have a couple wow! things to show you:
first is this great designer Lee Meredith who I found by accident on Ravelry. I stumbled along a path of links to CraftStylish, where a tutorial on a super easy skirt caught my eye. It's made out of tee shirts! So simple that maybe I can finally make something myself :)
...and this from Threadbanger - wedding dress, anyone?
wow! what amazing resourcefulness. I'm going to have to scour my room and fabric bins when I get home to see if I can manage that skirt. the wedding dress might have to wait... and i'd have to change up the details a little bit as well, the dress completely finished isn't very flattering. but maybe halfway through, and shorter, it would be a cute cocktail dress.

anywho, the other wow! - my moomie called today to check in and said they were getting me a car. she said it's not one-hundred percent going to happen yet, because it's with the government deal where you can trade in a icky car and get a nice shiny new car. it's supposed to be for enviorment and the penguins in the arctic or whatever, but i think it's just because the govs want us to think that money grows on the lawn of the white house, and they want to boost a little morale. cougbullshitcough. well, i'm taking advantage of it anyway. it's only (up to) $4500 towards the car thats priced at, oh, a measly 17-grand ish.
yeah, so I have to hold my permit until January 12th I think. then it's back to driver's ed and my official diver's license. i still need all seven hours of observation and five hours of my own driving. But I drove in Abeline last week and I'm feeling more confident. I might ask if sis will let me drive in the parking garage to work on my steering. But I'd feel a little nervous driving her big (expensive, fancy, leased) Volvo. Or maybe even to Walgreens, which is closer than the the subdivision entrance! I wonder if my permit is even honored here.
Well, it's a bit late - late, ha! it's nine TX time - and a chapter of In Cold Blood is begging to be read. sleep tight internet.