6.25.2010

michigan & world cup

curious. very curious.

everything is so flat and green. honestly! there's a few hills here and there, but they are so perfectly placed (in relation to roads, etc) that I can't help thinking they're man-made.

we're sitting in a hotel in a squat little town called Charlotte, which I've learned has emphasis on the second, not first, syllable. The old telly is on some random channel so we can watch the Portugal + Brazil game. It's definitely good so far and I'm caught up on who's who this year. Several yellow cards for each team in less than half an hour, and it's funny to see all the reactions ... it's quite good fun. Though, being Brazil, I think this is going to get rough once the timer reaches sixty.

Today, no earlier than three, we're to head over to the inn - notice I didn't have to specify which inn; that's Charlotte for you - and start getting all spiffied up for the wedding tonight. Last night I walked outside with my neice to the back of the hotel to see the lightening bugs down in the bushes. She had bug spray all over her, but I only had it on my legs. Needless to say, in less than five minutes of walking out and back into the hotel, I had 12 - yes, TWELVE mosquito bits on my arms. Two more on my forehead.

The worst bit is that I rarely get bitten down in Texas. I suppose these Michigan flyers thought my sweet tea blood something just to their liking.

I forgot my camera battery so I bought a couple 35mm. I'll post those when we get back.

-polexia.