6.21.2010

Fill in the Blank Friday #5

look what I found in my drafts!
a FITBF from a couple weeks back.
and look, it's friday. HEY NOW!
no pictures here, though. sorry ;(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's monday - oops! i've nearly forgotten last friday's blanks. i don't remember what i was doing that day at the moment, but i do know my saturday and sunday have been FULL with shopping. shopping for others, shopping in new stores, shopping for Michigan this wednesday! oh my, an early morning on a plane for several hours and then we get to grand rapids :) that's one more state I can cross off the list!!

anywho, the mclinky is closed! but if you want to see more, go visit lauren over at the little things we do. she has a cute lil blog and many many past blanks to fill in ;)



1. The best thing about being in school was/is learning. there are other things about the school environment that are nice, but the absolute best thing is learning.

2. The worst thing about being in school was/is the requirements. japan has all these wicked geniuses coming out of it, and us westerners aren't so used to being the not-top-dog. so all the lil kiddies get to make up for the supposed lack of standards by taking a bunch of classes that most of us don't care about, and that are only useful in (also required) college classes. oh my, don't ever get me started in that rant again!

3. My favorite subject in school was/is history. you can get anything you want from it - english, math, science, ANYTHING! and if you really learn from it, you won't repeat your mistakes, and you can spot the mistakes of others as well. it's good when you have a really ignorant government.

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is French! I have absolutely fallen in love with this language, and I can't wait to study more of it in college.

5. I could never get tired of studying again, I go back to history.

6. The most memorable teacher I had was all of them. I'm not kidding. I've only been out of my school system for one year, and in that time, I realized that my district has outstanding teachers, and has a level of quality that is very rare. I still don't really care about sports (our football team sucks anyway, and will suck until the coach sticks around for more than a year) and our newspaper is pretty much unheard of ... But I value almost every teacher I've ever had. I remember their names and faces, and various good times in their classroom. All the way from kindergarten to this year just ended. Middle school is fuzzy, and I hated that place, but I still remember the names. I will be thanking my teachers specifically when I win that Tony award.

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose working at school. I love school, but the frustration of not being able to choose my subject is so infuriating that I really am just exploding from the fact that it is still another year until I leave it behind. Teaching and inspiring others to love learning and the world as I do is on my bucket list.