12.20.2009

Something I Have Been Meaning To Do

I am going to start reviewing games on here. just games that catch my interest. one of my favorite games sites is ArmorGames.com. I am going to start today with a couple games from that website. I cite a game where I found it, just so you know. it may be on other websites.

I am going to grade 3 things: functionality - meaning how easy was it to navigate, start, and actually play; aesthetic - basically, how pretty it is; and, overall gameplay - self explanatory. this is the whole point of the game, after all. please note that this is my opinion. i am not exactly a die-hard halo gamer. scale is a basic percent/letter grade. Heeeere We Go!!!


Clockwords - Prelude
by tfowers
grade: A-



functionality - compared to some popular games I've tried, this ranks very high because of the ease of starting. it was a *bit* confusing at first, because once i clicked play & skipped the intro, i found myself back at the main screen. I thought I'd skipped the game. The controls were very easy, unless you suck at typing. On many games, especially ones that use only the mouse, you have to do everything just right. well, here you don't huzzah for "almost"

aesthetic - very cool!! i'm such an artsy person, and the game reminds me of felt & construction paper. also, it was very put together. that is to say, the felt wasn't glued onto the paper by a two year old. I love the English steampunk/melodrama look to it as well. and the music is very clean, and blends into the game. if you are making a game and you put in anything that is similar to Lady Gaga or Metallica, take. it. out. Sound effects are cool. Music, not so much. I've got iTunes, thanks.

overall gameplay - I made it to level six before Game Over. Pretty easy, but you definately gotta keep on your toes. It reminds me a lot of Boggle, except you can use letters that you don't have, and you kill robot bugs with your words. Oops, I guess words can break bones. Their bones.